By: Sarah Foster
FAIRFIELD, OH – Summer days drift away into summer nights, so make those nights filled with folk, swing or even bluegrass music by attending Village Green Park’s annual summer concert series: Groovin’ on the Green. Located in Fairfield, Ohio, this park provides a wonderful amphitheater for local bands to come out every Thursday and entertain audiences across Butler County.
While some of the bands are returning, six new groups and artists are making their debut on the Fairfield stage: Amy Sailor, Debi and the Revelation, Gamut, Ma Crow and the Lady Slippers, Pocket Change and You, Me and Him.
In addition to local music, local vendors will be rotating weekly amongst the park. Vendors providing their services are Hammann’s Catering, Hot Head Burritos, Legesea Cafe, U-Lucky Dawg, Flubs, Kona Ice and many more. Concert goers are welcomed to bring their own meals as well.
All shows begin at 7 p.m. free to the public.
For more information, go to the City of Fairfield’s website.
Keep following Butler County Connect for updates about events near you.
2017 Groovin on the Green concert series:
- June 1 – Ma Crow & the Lady Slippers (Bluegrass/Country)
- June 8 – Noah Wotherspoon Band (Blues/Rock)
- June 15 – Anna & the Deeper Well (Pop/Rock/Blues)
- June 22 – Ricky Nye, featuring Li’l Red (Boogie Woogie)
- June 29 – Dan Varner Band (Country/Rock)
- July 6 – Debi & the Revelation (70’s Rock/Pop)
- July 13 – Robin Lacy & DeZydeco (Cajun)
- July 20 – Lisa Biales Band (Folk/Blues/Rock)
- July 27 – Amy Sailor (Country/Pop)
- August 3 – Dangerous Jim & the Slims (Classic Rock)
- August 10 – Pocket Change (Swing/Latin/Rock)
- August 17 – BlueStone Ivory (Classic Rock)
- August 24 – The Klaberheads (Pop/German)
- August 31 – Thunderbay (Classic Rock)
Sarah Foster is a junior public relations major at Ball State University. She’s an Account Coordinator for Cardinal Communications and Account PM for Saatchi & Saatchi X who enjoys theater and Disney.