Highland Park Thanksgiving Day 5k for YoungLives.
See our Race Photo gallery below. Scroll down!
Over 800 people gathered early on Thanksgiving Day to participate in Hamilton’s Thanksgiving Day 5K for YoungLives.
Wilson Jr High School on Eaton Ave, next to Fort Hamilton Hospital was the start/finish and party central spot for the Fifth annual Thanksgiving Day 5k for YoungLives race. The front parking lot was filled with live music, sponsor’s tents and food! The morning races started at 8:30 AM with the kids’ races. Then at 9 AM, the main race began.
Crash and Dash
The 5K race route weaved through Hamilton’s Highland Park neighborhood. Towards the end of the route, the runners/walkers were given the opportunity to “Crash and Dash” on the “cymbal corner.” Greg and Lorraine Irwin with Hand and Health Fitness, Highland Park residents, provided the drumsticks and Sabian cymbals for the runners to “crash and dash” to the finish line
The top five were
- Mark Gruenbacher, Hamilton OH. Time 17:55
- Jameson Maynes, Milford OH. Time 18:28
- Cam Potts, LaGrange KY. Dylan. Time 18:46
- Dylan Vanderbool, Hamilton OH. Time 19:06
- Tied Gabrielle Davis, Hamilton OH. Troy Embree, West Chester OH Time 19:26.