Butler County and Corona Virus/COVID-19
March 19, 2020, Staff Report
Butler County Connect
Sheriff Richard K Jones and Butler County Health Commissioner Jennifer Bailer held a press conference on March 19, 2020, to provide an update concerning the COVID-19 virus and the current state of Butler County, Ohio.
Press Conference high points:
– Eight people in Butler County have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. All are quarantined at home.
– Keep six feet apart
– A temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit is the reading that indicates a fever. Any person having such a fever should go home. All businesses are encouraged to take the temperature of all employees before entering the work-place. If the temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher that person should go home. Call your personal physician and discuss your symptoms. Do not go to the hospital.
– Be ready to shelter in place if your temperature is high. Have supplies to help keep you hydrated and healthy.
– Keep your surfaces clean.
– Be Compassionate. check on people. get outside, stay away from crowds.
– Do you have needs? Would you like to offer assistance?
-A website has been established to connect needs and offers to assist. https://arcg.is/DL4yu
Video of Press Conference
We are live with Sheriff Richard K Jones and Butler County Health Commissioner Jennifer Bailer with an update concerning the COVID-19 virus and the current state of Butler County, Ohio.
Posted by Butler County Sheriff's Office on Thursday, March 19, 2020