These are the seven wonders of Butler County Ohio. Butler County is a unique and fun County located in the southwest part of Ohio. Interstate 75 runs north and south through the county. There is no place like in it on this planet.
7. The Cone in West Chester Ohio. The cone is a unique tradition in Butler County. Conveniently located minutes from I-75. This is a very cool break while traveling between Cincinnati and Dayton.
Here are a few quotes from their website
The CONE was voted AOL’s “Best Family FrNatuiendly Restaurant” and
“One of the Top Ten Quirkiest Places to Visit in the US”
Voted “Cincinnati’s Best Soft Serve” by Cincinnati Magazine
We use NATURAL flavors and ingredients like real strawberries, oranges, peanut butter, pumpkin, etc.
6. Butler County Ohio home of Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center. This is a county and state gem. The Ohio state park systems rank as one of top among the 50 states. There is hiking, camping, fishing, boating, bird watching, and golfing all located on this massive state park. Miami University, Oxford Ohio home golf course is the public course on the state park. But one of the most impressive parts of the park is the Nature Center. Here is a quote from their website. http://huestonwoodslodge.com/activities/property-activities/the-nature-center/
“The Hueston Woods State Park Nature Center is open seven days a week all year round. General park info and history are available inside as well as several live native reptile species. The outdoor exhibits include a male Bobcat named Eli, and Timber the cougar cub. The Nature Center also does Raptor Rehabilitation and accepts on average 50 injured Birds of Prey a year with a nearly 50% success rate of release. The permanent residents include a Bald Eagle, a Golden Eagle, Rough Legged Hawk, several Redtailed Hawks, Great Horned Owls, Barred Owls, and Turkey Vultures.”
5. When dining in Hamilton Ohio. Be sure to ask for tap water! This is the BEST water you could ever drink. Here is an excerpt from the city’s website about their water.
The “Best Tasting Tap Water in the World” is a label that the City of Hamilton not only deserves but holds. In February of 2010,
The City of Hamilton competed against 44 other municipal waters from across the U.S. and around the world and captured the Gold Medal in the blind taste testing. The 2010 award followed-up the Gold Medal the City received in 2009 for the “Best Tasting Tap Water in the U.S.” The Water System also received the “Best of the Best” Award, from the American Water Works Association – Ohio Section, for the Best Tasting Tap Water in Ohio in 2010 and 2012.
The City begins by drawing its raw water from one of the finest sources of water in North America, the Great Miami Valley Buried Aquifer. The City utilizes 21 deep wells to extract water from the aquifer and treats the water, utilizing a unique chlorine dioxide disinfectant process, to produce the finest tasting tap water in the world.
4. Holiday Auto Theatre. That’s right a DRIVE INN MOVIE night should be on your summer schedule. This fun and easy to find place is located just west of Hamilton Ohio on ST RT 130. It could be a night the family will always remember.Serving Butler County for over 60 years. Be sure to join the Holiday Auto Theatre Facebook page to stay current. Visit http://www.holidayautotheatre.com/directions.php
3. Richard’s Pizza & Famous Steak Sandwich
Prepare yourself for one of the most delightful meals you may ever have. The ingredients are super fresh. The staff is super friendly. And the experience of your first steak sandwich could rank high on your life experiences. Can’t wait to try? Richard’s has a plan! Check out this friendly option from their website.
Each year during the Christmas holiday season, Richards Pizza will take orders for the “Nationwide Famous Steak Send-Off” and pack and ship thousands of Richards Famous Italian Steak Sandwiches in January. “We have shipped them to steak sandwich lovers all over the United States. People send them to relatives and friends – and even place orders for themselves”, says owner Karen Underwood.
Here’s how it works:
Each order of six sandwiches – precooked, frozen, packaged in dry ice in heavy-duty reusable coolers and complete with reheating instructions – can be sent anywhere in the United States. (Prices higher to Alaska and Hawaii). Unfortunately, customs regulations prohibit shipments to foreign countries.
All of the sandwich ingredients are packaged separately including six 88% lean beef patties, sweet Spanish onions, crunchy pickles, tasty secret-recipe sauce, and toasted Italian buns.
Orders can be placed in person, by phone, or on the website. People phoning in orders or using the website may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
2. Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park. There is literary no place like it on this planet. Located on ST Rt 128 – Pyramid Blvd, Hamilton Ohio. From their website http://www.pyramidhill.org/index.php
Pyramid Hill is an outdoor museum focusing on monumental pieces of sculpture in an environment of meadows, forests, and various gardens. We also feature a 10,000 square foot Ancient Sculpture Museum displaying Egyptian, Greek, Roman and Etruscan sculpture thousands of years old. Our mission is the eventual establishment of a collection which will demonstrate the complete history of sculpture by mankind, making Pyramid Hill the only art park in the world working on the accomplishment. Educational programs in art, horticulture, geology, and the environment makes Pyramid Hill a busy learning center.
1. Jungle Jim’s International Market. No one does it like Jungle Jim. From humble
begininngs to an impressive complex. You will be amazed as you walk through this wonderful gem located in Fairfield, Ohio. Here is a quote from http://www.junglejims.com/
“Jungle Jim’s International Market is more than a grocery store; it’s a destination! With more than 200,000 square feet of shopping space in each of our stores, there are over 150,000 products from which to choose.
In addition to all the grocery items, you’ll find store tours, food demonstrations and lots of fun and attractions for the whole family.
Our stores also offer more gift shops, boutiques, restaurants, and conveniences than any other mega store in the region. Stop in for an hour or make a day of it. However you do it, shopping at Jungle Jim’s is an experience you won’t forget!”
Butler County Ohio, A great place to live, work and play! Enjoy!