The 2017 Darrtown Reunion and Fall Festival is scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, September 9th and 10th.
Ryan Broshear will highlight the entertainment part of the weekend, when he performs at 5 PM, Saturday. Broshear, an area native and Talawanda High School graduate, was recently named a “Top Ten Artist to Watch” by Billboard magazine. Two other groups also perform Saturday; Kyle Lemaster and the Honky Tonk Heroes at 1 PM and the Rick House band at 3 PM. Earl Hendricks, will be the disk jockey, throughout both days and Earl is arranging for other music groups to perform on Sunday.
Food and drinks will be available all weekend in the Darrtown Lutheran church Beer Garden tent. Kettle corn will be sold by Kettle Nation both days and Flub’s ice cream will be available from the “Flubmobile” on Saturday. In total, over two dozen vendors are registered to sell their wares (see a list of all vendors at: http://www.darrtown.com/reunion/vendors-2017.html )
Many family-oriented activities are scheduled throughout the weekend.
♣ Adults and children of all ages are invited to join a 9 AM “Walk for Health” that will cover a route from the village square to the Darrtown cemetery and back. All who participate in this 1.5 mile “Tombstone Trail” activity will receive pedometers from the Oxford area “Coalition for a Healthy Community.”
• From 9:30 to 10 AM, a Talawanda High School jazz group will perform in the village square.
• A parade of over 30 units will start its journey through the village at 10 AM and end at E-Dot Park at the north end of West Street. A $50 “People’s Choice” prize will be awarded to the parade unit (individual or group) that receives the most votes from parade spectators. To be eligible, parade units must register in the village square, before the parade starts.
• From 11 AM to 12:30 PM, activities for children will be available in the “Kids’ Zone,” which will be located near the E-Dot Park playground.
• A Corn Hole Tournament will begin at noon Saturday. A drawing for teams begins at 11:30 AM. To register, call Don Beckett (after 9 PM) at 513-523-6171.
• The popular “Skillet Toss” contest, for females only, will be held at 2 PM, Saturday. There will be two divisions: adult (15 years and older) and youth (under 15 years).
• Antique tractors will be on display all day Saturday and Sunday.
• A Lutheran Church “Pancake Breakfast” will be served under the big tent, from 8 to 10 AM.
• From 10 to 11:30 AM, a combined church service will be conducted by the ministers of Darrtown’s Lutheran and Methodist churches; music will be provided by the “Heavenly Voices.”
• A classic car show will begin at noon.
• At 1:30 PM, a men’s “Tractor Tire Flip” contest will get underway.
• An awards program will be held at 2:45 PM. Trophies will be presented to the winners of the tractor and car shows. Additionally, the Reunion Committee will present a community service award.
• A “Darrtown’s Got Talent” show will begin at 3 PM and last as long as the talent holds out. Individuals and groups of all ages will be invited to share their special talents – in the spirit of family fun and friendship.
For up-to-date information about festival developments, please visit the Darrtown.com website at: http://www.darrtown.com/reunion/2017.html
Questions about the Darrtown Reunion and Fall Festival may be directed to any of the Reunion Committee members. Contact information for the committee members is available at: http://www.darrtown.com/reunion/committee.html
All proceeds derived from the Darrtown Fall Festival benefit the Darrtown Reunion Fund, which pays expenses related to hosting the annual Fall Festival, maintaining the Veterans Memorial Park in the village square, and covering the cost of the Darrtown Family Tree membership at Ancestry.com.